To achieve the best possible sound, and for efficiency please ensure your mixdown (premaster) adheres to these guidelines;
- Label track properly (ie. Artist Name - Track Name (Original/Remix?) premaster)
*if you need to make an adjustment or send an updated version please label accordingly ie. Artist Name - Track Name (Original/Remix?) premaster) V2, V3 etc.
- Tracks should be 16 or 24 bit stereo wav format, 44.1khz or 48khz
- Master bus level should be peaking at between -4 and -6 db.
- NO compressor or limiter on the master channel when you export your song.
- indicate what the master will be mainly used for (ie. streaming, club, both?)
- If you wish to, provide a reference track in a similar style
* No WeTransfer or links that expire please.
* please note that premasters that need more than one adjustment on your end, or that do not meet requirements may be subject to additional charges
* I will provide feedback for any necessary changes on your mix that results in a better final master. However, if your mix requires more than one round of feedback, the subsequent rounds will be charged additionally at $5 per track
Finally here are some tips to help with your final result;
- check your mixdown in mono, your track should sound good in mono as well, this can also identify phasing issues.
- scan your various audio tracks for any unpleasant or harsh resonances and surgically EQ them out
- make sure you listen to your mix down on different soundsystems to see if it translates well
- test your mix with a limiter and see what it sounds like when it becomes louder
- roll off any unnecessary low and high end (below 25hz and above 18khz roughly)
- be conservative on the low and high end of the mix. These areas are easy to overdo.
- use a reference track to compare your mix